Case: Ejner Hessel and Mercedes
Driving awareness for the launch of
the new Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
Ejner Hessel, the biggest Mercedes-Benz dealer in Denmark, was looking for new ways to differentiate their brand in a highly competitive market and announce the launch of the new Sprinter model. Furthermore, the client was looking to engage with a highly elusive audience – young males (between 20 and 35 years old), interested in technology and always on the move. This audience is constantly bombarded with advertising and is very apt at ignoring it.
We know that this target group is very active: they engage in a lot of outdoor activities, always being on the move. They’re either playing sports or jogging, meeting friends in bars or restaurants or going to clubs. However, they still have their smartphones with them and, when they have a small break, they like to burn time by checking social media or playing a game.
This is why we have identified that the best matching game for the launch of the new Mercedes-Benz Sprinter is StreetCars, developed by the Danish studio Donkraft Digital.
- Target group specifics: active, tech-savvy, likes mobile games
- Identified best-matching game: StreetCars
- A racing game that blends AR (real car scanning) and virtual racing
We have introduced the brand through a naturally placed rewarded video ad that is shown once a day to each user.
After seeing the video ad, users are rewarded with in-game currency and a virtual prize – the newest model of the Sprinter van which they can actually drive in the game.
The virtual van’s specifications are close to the physical model, making it a real competitor against other van types – of course, winning the race also depends on the skills of the driver.
- StreetCars players watch a daily video and receive the usual game rewards
- On top of in-game currency, users are also awarded a virtual Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
- Players use the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter in the game, taking it for a virtual test-drive
Are you curious?
Let us meet and explore the different opportunities for your brand
with in-game advertising.